October 25, 2009
Hepatitis A...
I'm writing this post from my hospital bed at American Fork Hospital. This may be my last post ever because I am dying............just kidding. I'm not dying but I sure feel like I have been. This past Friday night I woke up with terrible pain in my ribs, back, and chest. After taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen, the pain didn't go away and kept getting worse. Saturday my whole body ached, my fever kept climbing, I was nauseated, throwing up, and then I started to pee blood. Needless to say, I was miserable. However, I felt my prayers being answered as Penny slept through the night for the first time in weeks. She has developed this terrible habit of waking up at midnight and staying awake till 4:30 am or later. It has been so exhausting and I have been trying to hard to get her on a regular schedule, but it just hasn't happened. So the fact that she was so good last night is truly an answer to prayer, a true miracle. It almost seemed like a dream, I would nurse her and she would go right back to sleep. Of course the night that she is amazing and sleeps a ton I hardly slept through the night because I was so nauseated and throwing up. This morning I finally had enough so I woke up John-Charles and told him we needed to go to the ER. We arrived to the ER, they did their tests while John-Charles and I watched Goonies on TV. It was night because it made the time go back so much faster...espescially for J-Chuck. Let me tell ya, watching TV on Morphine is a trippy experience, but so nice at the same time because I finally could relax because I was pain free. I don't like the way it makes me so loopy though...I get so out of it when I'm on Morphine. Finally, the nurse came in and told me they thought it was my kidneys because of my urine. That didn't surprise me because I've had trouble with kidney stones and kidney infections in the past. Minutes later, much to my and the medical staff's surprise, the urine catch came back from the lab and it turned out it was clean. No blood in the pee...so why the beep was it dark red? At that point, the doctor and nurse concluded that it must be my gallbladder. They proceeded to tell me that I'd be having surgery right away because my liver was infected/inflamed because my gallbladder was so diseased and because I was jaundiced...thus explaining why my pee is dark red (my enzyme count is too high). To double check that it was indeed my gallbladder they did an abdominal ultrasound to see how bad my gallbladder was. Turns out the gallbladder is just fine. At this point I want to cry because I feel like they don't know anything and are completely incompetent because they keep coming up with these diagnoses that they are so for sure about and then discover they're totally wrong. John-Charles said, "Where is Dr. House when you need him?" He's right. Dr. House would figure out what was wrong with me for sure. :) As of now they can't figure out what is wrong with me, but are thinking that it must be Hepatitis A due to my symptoms. Eww...Hep A? Really? That is what you get when you eat a food or drink a drink with a random person's nasty poo in it that has been infected with Hep A. The thought of it makes me want to vomit. Oh wait...I already did vomit lots of times. But really, it makes me never want to eat out again. Anywho, for some reason, they won't test me till the morning so I still have no idea what is really wrong with me, but if it is Hep A, which they're pretty sure it is, I'd be relieved in a way. I thought I had the swine flu and was terrified that Penny would get it from me. All weekend I've been so stressed about it. Penny getting sick would be the worst thing ever. Today in the ER there was an infant screaming in pain in one of the rooms and I can just imagine that his mother's heart was breaking to see her little baby in so much pain. Well, at least I don't have to worry that she'll get sick now...there is always a silver lining in the darkest situations. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ashley... Wow...I just talked to Julie to get an update. I hope they find out for sure today what is going on. You are in our thoughts and prayers..in fact I just sent an email out to my family to include you in our family fast tomorrow. We are having a family fast tomorrow for Sharon who is expecting a baby again and we will include you in our prayers too. I was so glad to hear that you are living with your in laws and that I assume means that Penny is in good hands when your husband has to be gone to school or whatever. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Update your blog or FB ..I check FB about every day. Get well quick!
Sorry I left the above message under the wrong google address. It is Anne your cousin who left the above message. We are thinking about you...Get well soon!!
Ash that is horrible. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Wow, I hope you get feeling better soon!!! I live really close to AF Hospital if you need anything!!! I know you have in-laws close, but ya know. I could watch Penny or something or visit you when you are bored. Feel better soon!!!! Where is House when you need him. That is exactly what I want to know...
Ashers... my heart is breaking for you. Keep me posted. Love you.
Post a Comment