November 01, 2009

Health Update...

I was released from the hospital on Wednesday night. They never figured out what was wrong with me and I can't tell you how frustrating that was. I was so anxious to get treatment and get out of there and it seemed like after every test they'd run they'd come back and say..."the test was clear...your [insert random body part] seems to be working correctly." Grr. The care I received at that hospital was terrible. I've honestly never been treated so poorly by health care professionals. Two days in a row my IV bag ran out of fluid and it took them 5 hours to replace it. The worst probably was when the doctor came in and said, "Are you taking these medications? One is medication to treat males with prostrate problems who can't urinate...the other is for heart palpitations and tremors..." I think my jaw literally hit the floor at that point...I quickly replied "Umm, I'm definitely not taking those medications..." I'm not a male, I don't have a prostate, and I'm not shaking. My liver enzymes were still in the 600 hundreds when they released me and the normal level is about 70...so still not normal but better than the thousands they were in when I was first admitted. Tuesday morning I was bawling my eyes out because I was convinced I was dying. I said to John-Charles, mid-tears, "I hope you don't love your next wife more than you love me..." He said I was silly and that I wasn't dying but I wasn't convinced yet...as I was crying about dying the CNA, who was a 29-year-old male whose wife had just had a baby a month ago, came into the room and had the gawl to say, "It's just the hormones...my wife just had a baby too." Really? Come on now...you don't say that to a woman who is crying and who is feeling like these may her last days on earth. :) Thankfully soon after that, my bishop, Bishop Bailey, came to the hospital and gave me a blessing and reassured me that I would make a full recovery and that I'd be able to take care of my husband and baby. I felt very happy and relieved after that blessing...I'm so grateful for worthy priesthood holders. Anyways, I've felt pretty close to normal the last few days! Which is exciting...I just hope it doesn't come back because my Medicaid from my pregnancy ran out yesterday and now we have no insurance for me! AHH! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Also, thank you for previous thoughts and prayers, especially my Crowley cousins...they meant a lot to me!

1 comment:

Carly A said...

GIrl you need to call me!