
So Penny is a cutie. Let me just start by saying that. I know that I've let Ashley handle most of this Blog but I felt I needed to put my two cents in a few times. If for nothing else to show you readers (all few of you) that I am a part of this family. Anyways...

So Penny has grown by leaps and bounds and she has changed so much in these 10 weeks. Her personality is starting to come through and I'm excited for what it will continue to develop into. One of the things that I love about her is that she has already shown common interest in one of my greatest passions. The other night I was trying to put her down and she wasn't having it. No amount of rocking or shh-ing would help. In a last effort I began to hum the first calming thing that came to my head. As usual that had something to do with The Legend of Zelda. You've got it, Zelda's Lullaby. Now, that song has an especially special bond with me. When I first played Ocarina in fifth grade it changed my life. I remember one time sitting in Mrs. Thompson's class and all of the sudden everyone was staring at me, including the teacher, and I had no idea why. Then I realized was was singing Zelda's Lullaby out loud, not just in my head. When I was learning how to play the Violin in 12th grade, that was the song that I was learning as a marker of my progress. (I eventually played that song at the ward talent show :p !) It really is a beautiful song.
So I hummed it to her. And low and behold she fell right asleep! It has worked like a charm ever since. She just may be a reincarnation of Princess Zelda herself! How cool would that be? Either way, she is cute and cuddly and I love her!
5 comments:
Ashley! Why haven't I known about your blog before?? I just saw it on Sutton's new blog!! But I hope you are doing better! I'm so sorry to hear about your not fun experience!!
Penny is Beautiful! I miss you lots!!
CAli!
lol nerd!
JK she's got her eyes! She's so stinkin' cute. I can't wait to see what she'll look like when we come down for Christmas!
Oh John Charles... you are a cute dad. And Penny is an even cuter baby girl!
That's adorable! I'm glad you shared that story; it really is tender. She's certainly one beautiful little girl :)
Excellent contribution, John Charles.... Ash, I can't tell you how happy I was to catch up with you on Thursday! We need to make it happen more often!
Linds
Post a Comment