January 17, 2012

Baby #2

I've always admired those women who can have baby after baby. Bless their souls. I admire them greatly! If only...But after having Penny I needed some time to get back into shape and mentally prepare for the next one. Two years later I was ready! It was exciting to start trying again and dream about this little person who would be coming to our family.  I am very blessed with fertility because we only tried for two months and SUCCESS! We were pregnant. Currently, I am 17 weeks pregnant and my due date is June 25, 2012.  

When we first found out that we were pregnant it didn't seem real.  It wasn't until week 6, when the sickness hit, that I suddenly realized "okay, this is real and I am definitely having a baby." This go-around, the sickness was a little different. I wasn't throwing up as much. I was still very nauseated, but I had more of an appetite. Although, few things sounded appetizing. Also, I started getting really bad migraines. Thank goodness for Tylenol! Luckily, after about week 14 the sickness started dissipating. 

This is the first week that I actually feel really good and have energy back. I have even started working out again. With Penny it took me forever to lose the baby weight and I think it's because I completely stopped all forms of exercising.  I have been doing some prenatal Yoga, walking, and I just bought Summer Sander's prenatal workout DVD. I'm excited to try it. I have definitely felt better working out in this pregnancy and I notice that my hips feel better after I work out.  In pregnancy my hip/groin area gets intensely sore and achy so I am happy to see that this is helping! I'm hoping this will help me bounce back faster! 

Last week I started feeling little flutters. It's not regular at all but I can especially feel the baby when I lay on my side. It's so fun.

I'm excited/nervous to have another baby. Sometimes I feel like I can hardly handle one and what the heck was I thinking getting pregnant again, but then that goes away and I feel really happy/at peace. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 17 week check-up. I am excited to hear the baby's little heart beat. It always makes me feel better to know everything is okay.

1 comment:

MaShay & Jason said...

You know I have some of your maternity clothes? I need to get those back to you ASAP so you have something to wear! Sorry it have been over a year! Sadly...it has been forever since we have seen you guys. That is depressing. :(