Some updates:
- I ran a half-marathon in Rexburg in June! It was awesome and such a great experience. I am excited to do more races in the future! I ran it in 2:18 minutes. Definitely a great way to get back into shape. I think I will be doing this after every baby.
- I graduated from BYU with my bachelors degree in 2010, but have decided to go back to school and become a nurse. Right now I am in the midst of taking some pre-reqs at UVU to apply to some programs. I am really shooting for the University of Utah's accelerated program that will give me another bachelors through a one year program. So far my pre-reqs are going well and I'm crossing my fingers that things keep going as planned. I am hoping to get into any program really because it is so competitive to get into nursing school right now.
- It is very hard to be a mommy and a student at the same time, and then I got called to be in the Young Women's presidency as the secretary in my ward. Basically, my life is INSANELY busy. I honestly never have free time except for the rare occasion. I keep telling myself that this won't be forever because there are some days that it feels like too much. I'm really trying to find joy in the journey, and most days I do. I'm loving my calling and working with the young women. It is exactly where I need to be right now.
- John-Charles and my sister-in-law, Jenny, started a new business called EXCELLENCE IN-HOME TUTORING. They have been ACT and subject tutoring now for 2 years and decided that instead of working for someone else while just making $16/hr they would start their own and make better money for their families. So far so good! The business has really taken off and they even have a waiting list. They go to their client's homes and tutor them there. John-Charles is hardly ever home between school and work. Another reason my life is so crazy! Most days I feel like a single mom. I feel very blessed that everything is going so well though.
- Penny is talking up a storm. She says, "I love you my mommy," "I love you my water,"...she likes to say "my" in front of a lot of things. She knows what most things are called. She calls my mom, Grandma Linda, "Grandma Deda." Penny ADORES all of her cousins. She knows all of their names and says them everyday at least 2 times. When I ask her if she wants to do something and she doesn't, she'll say, "No, ok." Like saying "No, I'm ok." She says thank you for everything. It's adorable. She also has mastered using my iPhone and iPad and will ask to play with "iPhone" and "iPad."
- She is insanely good at completing shape/figure puzzles. She is starting to do some jigsaw puzzles. She can count to 14, but I don't think she knows what the numbers mean.
- Her favorite animal is an elephant.
- Bath time is an all-time favorite activity. She could stay in the bath for two hours everyday if I let her.
- Eating is still a struggle. She mainly eats Gerber graduate meals, Mac 'n Cheese, Cheese Quesadillas, Grilled Cheese, fruit, etc. Vegetables are pretty much non-existent in her diet as much as I try to push them. She sometimes will eat peas, green beans, and carrots. The only vegetable she LOVES is purple cabbage with Olive Garden dressing on it. She also LOVES fruit snacks.
- Around her 2nd birthday (which I will have to post about soon) we weened her from bottles. She is still drinking mainly from sippy cups and sometimes from open glasses. She has been using her little Camelbak a lot lately.
- Penny LOVES Barney, Super Why, Elmo, and basically anything on Sprout. I put all the Barney songs on my ipod and she always request them when we drive. She sings along to almost every song. She is very musically inclined. In fact, she knows all the words to "I Am a Child of God," "Familes are Forever," and most of "I Love to See the Temple."
- Every night for our nightly routine we read a few books and sing a few songs. We always sing Barney's "I Love You" song before we put her down in her crib. She loves it. She is going down about 7pm and wakes up sometime between 6:30 and 7:30 am. She still takes a nap during the day. Usually around 1pm and will only sleep for about an hour.
3 comments:
Ashley! I am so glad you updated this blog :) I just started nursing school and I am so proud of you for applying! It is so hard--so time consuming! I can't imagine school with a child. Trying to spend time with a husband is hard enough! But you are going to be fine! I also have to remind myself that it's not forever and I need to enjoy the learning process. So glad to see all of you are doing well! Penny is darling! Tell John-Charles hello for me! :)
UHHHHHHH.... FINALLY! I love you guys. And little Pen is adorable. Miss your face. :)
Oh it was great to read your post =) loved all the cute pictures! Miss you guys! If I go to Highland sometime I will call before to see if I can catch you at a "down time" or "rare" time...ha ha. YOu are so awesome Ashley with all you do. Luv ya!
Post a Comment