September 02, 2010

Happy Graduation To ME!

  

Finally, after many years of school (six to be exact), I graduated from BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY! WOOT WOOT.  You may be asking yourself, why did it take me so long? Well, let me tell you.  When I graduated from high school I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do.  My original plan was to go to hair school first and then go to college, paying my way through by doing hair.  However, a few weeks before I was to leave for hair school in Utah, I had a feeling that I needed to stay at home in St. Louis with my parents. It was as if I heard a literal voice saying, "Do not leave St. Louis. It is not the right time."  I listened to that voice, maybe I am crazy, but I quickly scrambled my stuff together and registered at St. Louis Community College.  Staying at home that year was the best thing I could have done for my relationships with my parents.  We became so close and little did I know that my dad would pass away a couple years later.  I will forever cherish that time with him.  After my freshmen year I moved out to Provo and worked until January because I didn't get accepted into BYU until winter semester.  That year I lived with Hill and she introduced me to some of my closest friends.  Then a couple years later I met John-Charles, we fell in love, got married, and had a baby.  So, I took a semester off to take care of Pen Pen.  All in all, even though the journey has been long and hard, I am so grateful that it worked out the way it did.  I think it was arranged the way it needed to be.  The important thing is that I finished, right?  My dad always stressed that you always finish what you start.  Here is to you Pappy! :)











  
Now starts the rest of my life as a stay-at-home mommy.  I have enjoyed every minute of it thus far! I couldn't have done this without John-Charles! Thank you, baby-love!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! New fancy private blog! Thanks for the invite, and congrats on graduating!! It feels so good, doesn't it?

Julia Mar said...

Congrats!!

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Yay!! Congrats Ashley!! You're amazing!

Lyssa Beth said...

That's so neat Ash! Congrats! Now onto the more important stuff!

Sara said...

I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU. i just got teary eyed. I love you so much. And Penny the most gorgeous baby everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i love it.
love ya.
miss you

Jana said...

I forgot your blog was private, which is why i'm just seeing this now! Congrats Ash! I'm so proud of you for finishing. And Pen Pen couldn't be any cuter in these pictures! Such a darling family!

Brianna said...

Congrats! you are so amazing! and Penny is adorable!