As you know, if you read the post below, I am taking 9 credits this semester which is the equivalent to 18 credits in a normal semester. Needless to say, it's a bit crazy. Finding the right balance is proving to be attainable, but very tricky.
A few great things are coming of this semester:
1. John-Charles and I are going to bed much earlier and getting on a better sleep schedule. Pretty much our ENTIRE married life we have been up till 1, 2, or 3 a.m. on a nightly basis. Crazy?! Yes, we are. But, this last week we have been making it to bed my 11:30 or earlier. Thank goodness since I have to wake up at 7 a.m. to get ready and make it to my 9 a.m. class in Provo. I was hesitant about taking early classes but I am really glad that I did. I think it will be really good for us all.
2. I am learning more about sewing by taking the beginners sewing class for my major. In the last few months I have started taking up sewing baby slings and nursing covers (i.e. Hooter Hiders), but I wanted to know how to make actual clothes, and this week I am making my first pair of pajama pants ever! WOOT WOOT. I'll have to take a picture and show you how they turn out. It has been a goal of mine, since I lived with Carly and learned that her mom always made their Halloween costumes, to do that for my own kids. My TA said that the skills I learn in this beginner's class will allow me to do so. Blessed day.
This is the sling I made for Michelle and her new baby, Joshua. I got the fabric at Ikea for 5.99/yard. If you're into sewing you definitely need to check out Ikea's fabrics. They're cheap and adorable! I made the sling AND the hooter hider for under $25 and they retail for $42 A PIECE. I might start a little business and sell my creations. What do you think?
3. One of the upper-level elective requirements that I could to take to graduate is Floral Design. It is SO fun! I love creating in my sewing and floral class. The labs are full of fresh, color flowers. It definitely brings in the spirit of spring to my life. I love love love it. Today I learned how to wrap a bouquet of fresh flowers. So, I wrap up beautiful flowers, put in a card, and brought them home for my hunny-bunny. I'm pretty sure this was the first bouquet of flowers he has ever received. I should have taken a picture of it before I put them in the vase, but I didn't. Next time I will document my creation. In fact, next Tuesday we are making glass box arrangements. Get excited.
4. I am learning about some of the main different faiths of the world: Judaism, Islam, and Catholicism in my SFL 345: Religion in the Home class. It is fascinating to learn about these different religions, and how each one has similarities to each other and to the LDS faith. Each one has bits of truth. I have a testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is one true church, that is a religion with ALL the truth, on the earth, and that Joseph Smith restored the true Gospel back in 1830. I know that this Church is true, but I really enjoy learning/seeing the pieces of truths in what I am learning about Judaism, Islam, and Catholicism. It definitely strengthens my testimony of Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ.
*As an off-shoot I will be writing journals for this class on this blog about things I am learning or found interesting in my readings for this class. So, get yourselves prepared for some learning people!


2 comments:
Hooter Hider! HA. I think you should go into business selling "hooter hiders"...or atleast patent the name and sell it off to someone.
hahaha...well they're 'patent' pending...mine is technically a knock-off.
Post a Comment