March 28, 2010

Kim's Wedding Weekend

Saturday, March 4th, our friend Kim got married! Hillarie and Carly flew into town for the festivities. It was such a fun weekend!

Friday morning Hill flew in and we got our hair done by our friend Jenn (she is an amazing stylist, so if you need your hair done let me know and I'll hook you up!).  It always feels so good to have your hair done and get your scraggly split-ends cut off.  Penny was a trooper. I fed her solid foods right there in the salon while Hill got her hair done and Hill rocked her to sleep while I got mine done. Sisters are the best.


(This is Hill and Penny when Penny was 4 weeks old! Sadly, Hill and I did not get any pictures of just her and I this trip. )

We then headed over to Lindsi's condo in Sandy to meet up with all the girls. I loved seeing all the girls. But, best of all, it was so great to be reunited with Car. I miss her so much. There are just some friends that are family to you and Carly is definitely one of them. I consider her to be my 6th sister.  You know you're true friends if you haven't seen each other in 7 months and when you meet up again it's like you never were apart.  I hope that someday we can live in the same city and be mommies together.



Friday night we went shopping at the Utah only stores like Cozy and Downeast Outfitters.  I'm too poor to buy any clothes, but it was fun to live through Hill as she bought the cutest stuff! After shopping,  we went out to dinner with Kit Norris and his cute wife, Kate at Thai Ruby in Provo. Thai Ruby is one of my favorite restaurants. If you ever go C5 is the best dish! It's a coconut pink curry dish with potatoes, onions, and carrots. I love love love it. We tried to go there for my birthday dinner back in October but as soon as we walked in Jenny made us leave because it smelt weird to her, so we went to P.F. Changs instead. So, needless to say I've been wanting to go to Thai Ruby for months. It was so yummy and so fun to catch up with Kit and Kate. Kit and Kent are such good friends to Hill and I, and unfortunately we now share the common bond of losing our fathers.  Their dad was killed in a tragic accident a few weeks ago.  Our dad's are probably up in heaven hanging out talking about us down here.   Kit and Kent are also some of those true friends that you'll forever love and treasure.

Saturday, the day of the wedding, Hill went up to Bountiful pretty early and John-Charles and I hung around the house with Pen Pen. It felt so good to relax together as a family.  Then we got ready for the reception that was in the Hardware building by the Energy Solutions Arena in downtown Salt Lake.  I love getting dressed up and going on a fancy date with John-Charles.  Kim's reception was BEAUTIFUL, it was a dream reception that every girl wishes she had. Everything was perfect. I loved that it was so fancy. It definitely wasn't a "ghetto Mormon wedding" Kim.  They made the yummiest heart-shaped chocolate rice crispie treats that had blue and green swirls of white chocolate on them. They were beautiful and delicious. John-Charles found a box of them hidden in some corner when he went to go get a drink and pocketed a few. We have enjoyed them thoroughly.



When Kim and her dad had their daddy daughter dance it was really special. It brought back memories of our wedding. It made me tear up a little watching them. I miss my dad.

Monday, Hill and I met up with Kiara and Carly at Kneaders in Lehi and had lunch. It was so fun to see Pierson and Penny together. Someday they'll get married and Carly and I will offically be linked for eternity.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that it will work out.  Pierson seemed pretty into Penny, but Penny wasn't quite sure of him.  She's just playing hard to get.  We took some cute pictures of them together for their future wedding video, and then I took Hill and Car to the airport. It was sad to see them go, but I get to see them again in a few months so it wasn't too bad of a good bye.








Thanks for getting married Kim and giving us a great reason to all get together again!

1 comment:

Carly A said...

I love those two babies together! The picture with P's fingers in his mouth as he leans on Penny needs to be in the wedding video, as well as the one where he is pulling her earWe seriously need to live closer together. I miss hanging out with you!