February 01, 2011

Want to try something new?

I don't know about you but I get sick of cooking the traditional meals on a regular basis.  I've been craving Pad Thai lately and so I decided to whip up some tonight for dinner. IT TURNED OUT FABULOUS.  Here is the recipe. It's extremely easy and fast to make but has a lot of delicious flavor.  Total to prepare and cook it took me 15 minutes. EVERYONE loved it, even my picky father-in-law.



 
(photo courtesy of Google images. This is what this recipe looks like though. I just didn't get a picture of it myself)


To Die For Pad Thai
By: Ashley Terry

Makes about 6 servings.  1 serv. is about 1/6 of a large serving bowl. 
I calculated that 1 serving of this dish is 581 calories. I also posted this recipe on Livestrong.com if you'd like to see all of the nutritional information.

Ingredients

  12 ounce package of Annie Chun's rice noodles
3 chicken breasts cut up into cube, bite-size pieces (I used Tyson “Grilled and Ready” bite size chunks and it worked like a dream. Totally recommend this option).
½ cup of a fresh red bell pepper diced
½ cup of a fresh orange bell pepper diced
½ cup of cashews
1 jar of Thai Kitchen Peanut Satay Sauce
1 Tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of fish sauce
3 Tablespoons of white sugar
4 eggs (I used Egg Beaters 1/4 cup for each egg and it was awesome)
¼ cup of Canola oil
Optional: You can garnish this dish with some fresh cilantro and bean sprouts.

Instructions

1.       Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a rumbling boil.
2.       Heat your canola oil on medium-high heat.
3.       Dice up your peppers. When the water comes to a boil add the rice noodles and cook for 4 minutes.
4.       Throw frozen “Grilled and Ready” pieces into the frying pan of oil.  Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes.  Then throw in cashews. Cook for another couple of minutes.  Add the eggs and cook until they are no longer running. Proceed to add white wine vinegar, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir and cook for another couple of minutes. Then add the peppers and Thai Kitchen sauce and cook mixture for another 2 minutes. Add the rice noodles and mix well.

1 comment:

Jana said...

yum! i'll be trying this soon :)