November 03, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I really looked forward to Halloween this year. Maybe it's because it was Penny's first Halloween that she got to wear a real costume. But, I was all in the spirit.


John-Charles and I scavenged the costume bins in the basement of his parent's house.  These costumes are all handmade for the most part by Ann, my mother-in-law. She is an amazing seamstress! Here is John-Charles showing us a conglomerate of costumes. Although he ended up being Tigger from Whiny the Pooh (don't worry, it is a costume he originally wore in 7th grade...the pant-flood-water look was going for him). I chose to be Pocahontas. I found out later that it was a costume that my sister-in-law, Katie, had worn in 3rd grade. No wonder it was tight! :)





Since we don't have much money, we only wanted to spend money on Penny's costume. I found this adorable Carter's cow costume for 75% off on diapers.com and it ended up being like 14.99 TOTAL. No tax. Free shipping. Pretty awesome. 



Penny was such a champ. It was drizzling rain and was ice cold outside, but we still went trick or treating with the cousins on Oakview Dr.  It was so fun to see all of their cute costumes! Katie always comes up with the most creative costumes...she's amazing at it!  I love that they all get to be together for such a fun holiday.  Even though we were all soaking wet by the time we got back, it was worth it. Penny,  *cough* *cough* John-Charles, got a bag full of candy! Our favorite was probably when one of the neighbors handed out unwrapped Swedish Fish. Ick!



After our trick or treating adventure we headed up to our friends' Sutton and Andrew's house for a Halloween shin dig. It was way fun. We played Catchphrase and watched Hocus Pocus. Penny was the star of the party though. Everyone loved her costume and her growling/grunting/whistling noises she makes.  Her facial expressions are pretty classic. I just love her. How did we get so blessed to have such a beautiful little girl with such a fun personality?




We ended the night with some yummy Sonic drinks. I think this is the latest Penny has stayed up in her life. We didn't get home till 11:30 pm. She was pretty tuckered out.


     Here is Penny and I at church on the actual day of Halloween. We wore black to be festive.

5 comments:

Bethany Hoyt said...

You guys are so cute! I love the costumes!

Jana said...

you have the cutest baby in the world. and she makes such a cute little cow. i miss you guys!

MaShay & Jason said...

We loved seeing you. Why aren't we doing our monthly visits? :) HAHAHA that sounds like I am talking about Visiting Teaching.

Carly A said...

What a cute cow! I love the picture of her in her carseat... she kind of blends in :)

katie said...

so freakin cute and such a fun night! thanks for the compliment and i must say...kindra's unicorn and carter lawnmower man costumes are my best so far! xoxo